Departmental Chairperson: Belinda Johnson
Mission Statement: The Children’s Ministries Department exists to nurture children into a loving, serving relationship with Jesus Christ. All children will experience the unconditional love of Jesus, find assurance of acceptance and forgiveness, and make a commitment for Him.
Goals: Help children foster a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Instill moral respect and responsibility, reverence, and unselfish service. Encourage high self regard as sons and daughters of God.
- To provide children with the opportunity to worship and learn at their level of understanding and participation in the worship service.
- To involve children in a meaningful prayer experience.
- To give children an experience of worship through music and to train them in singing and understanding of music as a ministry outreach.
- To provide an opportunity to train children as leaders in the church. Children feel included as members of the church by being involved.
- To reach out to children in the community and lead them to Jesus through various programs e.g. Vacation Bible School.